9/20/2014

Hey honey

Oh boy!  This looked so good but what drew me to it was the ingredient of honey.  I rarely use honey.  I have a bear shaped bottle of honey next to my tea bags in case someone visiting would want to use it but I don't like it in my tea.  LOL!  This summer we tried a new grill recipe for pineapple that used honey.  I will have to post about that because it was really good.  Anyway, I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast on Pinterest from Skinnytaste.

I thought it looked good but what really put the icing on the cake was that at the grocery store they had a small package (1.79 lb) of pork tenderloins on manager special.  Do you have a manager special where the meat manager goes through his shelf product and drastically reduces close dated meat before it goes bad?  I often base my meals around these specials.  I save money and try new recipes that I might not otherwise try.  I used the same recipe even though I didn't have 2 pounds of meat and it worked well.

I did have to buy some balsamic vinegar because it is not something I normally stock but I am sure it will make some nice salad dressing down the road.

My family loved it!  

<^..^> Lori

No comments: